Archives Unleashed Datathon #Montreal
14 – 15 May 2020
535 Avenue Viger Est, Montréal, Québec
The Archives Unleashed Team has partnered with Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ) to host an Archives Unleashed datathon following IIPC General Assembly and Web Archiving Conference events:
|IIPC General Assembly (GA)||11 May 2020|
|Web Archiving Conference (WAC) 2020||12 – 13 May 2020|
|Archives Unleashed Datathon||14 – 15 May 2020|
This event will bring together a small group of participants to experiment with the newest release of the Archives Unleashed Toolkit and Cloud, and to kick-off collaboratively inspired research projects. Participants will have access to analytics software and specialists, and will be exposed to the process of working with web archive files at scale. The event will be held in English. For more information on the Archives Unleashed Toolkit and the Cloud, please visit http://archivesunleashed.org/.
- Ian Milligan (University of Waterloo)
- Nick Ruest (York University)
- Nicholas Worby (University of Toronto Libraries)
- Olga Holownia (IIPC)
- Carole Gagné (Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec)
- Mireille Laforce (Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec )
- Samantha Fritz (University of Waterloo)
- Dave Mitchell (Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec)
- Geneviève Murray (Consultante en Gestion de Projets Culturels)
This event would not be possible without the generous support from the University of Toronto Libraries and Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ). Many thanks to our supporters from International Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC), the University of Waterloo’s Faculty of Arts, York University Libraries, Compute Canada, and Start Smart Labs.
Details for Submitting to the Archives Unleashed Datathon
We welcome submissions from those attending IIPC’s Web Archiving Conference (12-13 May 2020) as well as stand alone participants. These datathons are open to all skill and experience levels. Those interested in participating should submit the following to the Archives Unleashed Team (email@example.com) by midnight EST on 1 December 2019:
- a 250-word expression of interest; and
- a short one-page CV;
This expression of interest should address your background and interests in web archiving, and what you would hope to get out of working with tools and web archive data at scale.
- Your submission to participate at the Archives Unleashed Datathon is separate from attending/presenting at IIPC.
- Archives Unleashed Participants will be contacted separately to complete registration details
- Participation in the Archives Unleashed datathon is free, however IIPC does have a registration fee for those attending the broader conference.
**Your submission to participate at the Archives Unleashed Datathon is separate from attending/presenting at IIPC.
Call for Participation
|Call for Participation Opens (Archives Unleashed)||14 October 2019|
|Call for Papers Opens (IIPC)||14 October 2019|
|Call for Participation Closes (Archives Unleashed)||1 December 2019|
|Call for Participation Closes (IIPC)||1 December 2019|
Notifications & Program
|Notifications issued (Archives Unleashed & IIPC)||Mid-January 2020|
|Draft Program available (Archives Unleashed & IIPC)||Mid-February 2020|
Participation in the Archives Unleashed datathon is free, however IIPC does have a registration fee for those attending the broader conference. Archives Unleashed attendees will be contacted separately to complete participation details.
Early Bird Registration Opens (IIPC)
|10 February 2020|
|Early Bird Registration Closes (IIPC)||21 March 2020|
|Registration Closes (IIPC)||
30 April 2020