Engaging with Web Archives 4 Digital Humanities (#EWA4DH) August 2021
In 2021 the EWA (Engaging with Web Archives) conference will be organised as a virtual summer series. It will be co-chaired by Michael Kurzmeier (Maynooth University) and Dr Juan-José Boté (University of Barcelona).
EWA 2021 will have the theme of Digital Humanities (#EWA4DH) and will be run every #WebArchiveWednesday in August from 6pm-8pm (Irish time) / 7pm-9pm (CEST) commencing 04 August, with some workshops and Keynotes on some Saturdays in between.
As part of the series, the #EWA conference organisers challenge the #WARCnet Team members and there is a Call for Papers for Postgrads & Early Career Researchers (outlined below). Please see the EWA conference website for more information: ewaconference.com
Call for Papers @ Postgrads and ECRs
The EWA committee welcomingly invites abstracts from Postgrads & ECRs to deliver a long paper (12-minute presentation) or short paper (6-minute presentation) on any of the Topics! below. Closing Date is 28 June.
More information: https://ewaconference.com/ewa4dh-call-for-papers/ewa-postgrads-ecr/
Hypothetical or Real-world examples of using DH tools and methods
- For archiving web content for research or curation
- For collecting data from web archives
- For analysing archived web content as data
- For big data analysis on archived web content
- For organising research data derived from archived web content (WA data derivatives)
- For preparing WA data derivatives for long-term preservation and/or reuse