British Library, 11 – 13 June, 2017
The fourth in the Archives Unleashed workshop series is an opportunity to collaboratively unleash our web collections, exploring cutting-edge research tools while fostering a broad-based consensus on future directions in web archive analysis.
The event is planned as a premier opportunity for the development of multi-disciplinary international collaborations pertaining to research with large-scale Web archive data.
This event, is sponsored by the British Library, Rutgers University, University of Waterloo, the National Science Foundation and the International Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC).
- Matthew Weber, Communication, Rutgers University
- Ian Milligan, History, University of Waterloo
- Jimmy Lin, Computer Science, University of Waterloo
- Olga Holownia, British Library / IIPC
Sunday, June 11
17:00 – 19:00: Welcome Reception (The Parcel Yard, London King’s Cross)
Monday, June 12
09:00 – 09:15: Registration and Arrival (British Library, Knowledge Centre)
09:15 – 09:30: Opening comments, stating the problem, logistical comments (Matthew Weber, Ian Milligan, and Jason Webber)
09:30 – 10:30: Current Efforts:
- Warcbase (Ian Milligan)
- Internet Archive APIs (Jefferson Bailey, Internet Archive)
- National Archives Datasets (Tom Storrar, The National Archives)
- UK Web Archive (Andy Jackson, The British Library)
10:30 – 12:30: Needs identification revisited; group formation and starting to work
12:30 – 14:00: Lunch
13:00 – 15:30: Datathon!
15:30 – 16:00: Coffee Break and Lightning Talks
16:00 – 17:00: Datathon!
19:00 – End: Dinner (Albertini)
Tuesday, June 13
09:00 – 10:30: Datathon!
10:30 – 11:00: Coffee Break
11:00 – 12:30: Datathon!
12:30 – 14:00: Lunch
14:00 – 15:30: Datathon!
15:30 – 16:00: Coffee Break and lightning talks
16:00 – 17:00: Closing Session and Final Presentations
Wednesday, June 14 (optional for attendees)
16:30 – 17:00: Sharing of Datathon Results at the RESAW Conference
- winner Link Ranking Team (relative vs hard links): Gregory Wiedeman, Kees Teszelszky, Mindaugas Vidmantas, Peter Webster & Richard Deswarte
- runner-up: Team Robots (impact of robots.txt exclusion): Emily Maemura, Graham Seaman, Toke Eskildsen & Yves Maurer
- runner-up: Team Intersect (overlap across Occupy Wall Street data): Dawn Walk, Gil Hoggarth, Jessica Ogden, Mat Kelly, Sawood Alam & Shawn Walker