- Who can apply?
- General obligations
- Membership obligations
- Membership and payment policies
- IIPC Consortium Agreement 2021-2025
Who can apply?
Libraries, archives, museums and other heritage, research or commercial organisations demonstrating a significant experience or level of commitment in the field of Web Archiving are entitled to apply for membership to the Consortium.
Every member is expected to work collaboratively, within its country’s legislative framework, to identify, develop and facilitate implementation of solutions for selecting, harvesting, collecting, preserving and providing access to Internet content. Members are strong advocates for initiatives and legislation that encourage the collection, preservation and access to Internet content.
The Consortium provides a forum for sharing knowledge about Internet content archiving and to achieve Consortium goals, members:
- Develop and recommend standards;
- Facilitate the development of appropriate and interoperable, preferably open source software and tools;
- Raise awareness of Internet preservation issues through activities such as conferences, workshops, training events and publications.
Every institution will appoint a designated representative who will annually attend the Consortium’s General Assembly, held each spring. Each Designated Representative shall be responsible for coordinating the tasks and activities of the personnel of the institution to which he or she belongs.
Members (at least two are required) can propose a formal project, such as software development. Members are urged to join a working group, and may also form a project team or working group to carry out specific research in a more flexible and informal manner.
As a complementary contribution apart from the membership fee, each member may bring further support to the Consortium. This support can take the form of a financial contribution, industry collaboration or human expertise.
Membership and payment policies
How to apply?
- Applications for membership are accepted throughout the year.
- To apply, send a statement indicating your institution’s interests and expertise in web archiving. Please send membership applications to iipc[at]netpreserve.org.
- Include how your institution would like to contribute to the IIPC and what benefits your institution hopes to gain from IIPC membership.
Membership is valid for one calendar year as long as membership fees are up to date. A new member may apply for a pro-rated membership fee in their first year if more than 4 months have already passed in the calendar year.
- Invoicing for membership is sent to members in January each year.
- Payment is due within 45 days of invoicing date.
- One reminder will be sent for outstanding payments on due date.
- Should payment not be received following reminder deadline, IIPC will contact the invoiced organization to confirm their intentions relating to IIPC membership after which membership may be cancelled if payment is not forthcoming.
- If membership fees not paid by April 1, the Steering Committee can take action to suspend IIPC membership.
- The Treasurer alerts the Steering Committee of any membership fees not paid by April 1, with a recommendation and details about the attempts to collect fees, and a Steering Committee vote would be taken.
Any member with outstanding membership dues will be placed on provisional membership status. Provision membership status means:
- Provisional members are not eligible to receive IIPC funding, either directly or as participants in an IIPC-funded event.
- Provisional members are not eligible to receive member registration discounts to IIPC events.
- Provisional members may maintain their existing role on committees, working groups, portfolios, or projects but are not eligible to serve in officer roles or cast decision-making votes as part of these groups or to join new committees, groups, portfolios, or projects.
- Provisional members are not eligible to participate in the General Assembly.
- Provisional members are not eligible to vote in or be a candidate in the IIPC Steering Committee election.
- Provisional members may have their IIPC membership terminated at any time by a majority vote of the IIPC Steering Committee.
Provisional membership will be temporary until resolution of outstanding payments or termination of IIPC membership.
Membership fees are divided into three bands dependent on each institution’s annual operating budget.
The participation fees are set as follows:
|Annual Operating Budget (OB) in millions Euros||Membership Dues in US Dollars for 12 months|