Curating special collections: workflows, bottlenecks & solutions
About this event
The main idea behind this warm-up workshop is to share IIPC members’ workflows on building special and thematic collection and to brainstorm to identify and prioritise topics to focus on in a follow-up workshop.
- Presentations: 50-60 minutes
- Breakout sessions: 45 minutes
- Wrap-up and the next steps: 15 minutes
- Library of Congress: Melissa Wertheimer
- National and University Library in Zagreb: Karolina Holub and Ingeborg Rudomino
- Royal Danish Library: Allan Christophersen & Anders Klindt Myrvoll
- National Library of Scotland: Eilidh MacGlone
WHO IS THE EVENT FOR?
IIPC members: web curators, web archivists and curators who nominate content and/or curate special web archive collections (e.g. emerging formats, event collections, special topics, soliciting public nominations, appraisal, tools used for different stages of the process). This event is also for any IIPC members who do not currently create special collections and would like to learn about the best practices in the community.