Support for transitioning to next generation web archive replay tools with Webrecorder pywb.
Detailed Migration Guide for OpenWayback/IIPC Members
- Detailed docs on how to transition to pywb, including examples
- Cover CDX conversion and configuration
- Cover Terminology differences
- Ensure ZipNum, PathIndex, WARC Configuration options covered
- Ensure OutbackCDX is covered
- Loop back with Tools committee on progress
- If necessary, address any incompatibilities or missing features to ensure active OpenWayback configurations are supported (eg. path index, zipnum fully working as expected)
Updating pywb architecture to support a more component-based setup:
- Develop interoperable index API component, implemented in pywb, but to allow swapping in OutbackCDX later, coordinating with Alex Osborne/ National Library of Australia
- Develop interoperable warc store API, initially implemented in pywb, but to allow swapping in nginx/apache later
- Support toggling pywb to use client-side replay using the index and warc store APIs.
Embargo/Access Control System
- Ensure access control system is working with following embargo rules: embargo before date, embargo after date, and embargo newer than X or older than X.
- Documentation on full access control system (exclude vs block), customizing exclusions error messages
- Ensure localization system is fully working
- Ensure all localizable text in pywb as marked as text
- Document localization system workflow, including how to add localizable text, what to send to translators, etc.
Location + User Name Access Controls
- Support access control rules based on specified header, from Apache/Nginx
- Provide documentation examples of configuring Apache/Nginx location or user name restrictions
- If necessary, implement location check in pywb as well.
- Add documentation on all UI templates with examples
- Ensure all template variables documented and working
Integration and Embedding Guide
- Additional documentation for adding metadata and external sources
- Ensure pywb can be embedded in other applications as a frame, and provide examples
Calendar and Banner UI Improvement
- Improved Nav on Banner, back-forward
- Remember previous position when returning from banner
- Research and implement calendar display to better capture distribution and spread
- Documentation for customizing banner, simple (logo) and more complex (custom UI)
- Package A: by September 2020
- Package B: by March 2021
- Package C: by May 2021