The Conference will be held at the Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision, located in Hilversum.
Media Parkboulevard 1 1217
WE Hilversum The Netherlands
See the location on Google Maps. The Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision can be easily reached by train or car. For advice on how to travel to the venue see travel advice section below.
The building of the Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision is accessible to people in wheelchairs or with any other restriction. All the conference rooms are accessible by lift and have wheelchair-accessible seating. If you require any assistance, please speak to the reception desk.
Places to eat
The restaurant is located on the lower ground of the Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision.
You will find more restaurants and bars located further away from the Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision in Hilversum city centre, 20 minutes on foot from the venue.
The Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision offers a free guest network for onsite wireless internet access.
The Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision has a private room on-site for nursing mothers.
Travelling from the airport
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is the main airport in the Netherlands with many European and intercontinental flight connections. Schiphol train station is located directly below the airport and is accessible from the main hall. From here, you can take direct trains to Amsterdam (15 minutes), Hilversum (45 minutes) and other major Dutch cities.
Travelling by train
Daily direct train from London to Amsterdam (approx. 3 hours 52 minutes)
Daily direct train from Paris to Amsterdam (approx. 3 hours 24 minutes)
Daily direct train from Brussels to Amsterdam (approx. 1 hour 52 minutes)
Daily direct train from Frankfurt to Amsterdam (approx 4 hours 27 minutes)
Public transport in the Netherlands
Trains are the most convenient way to commute between Dutch cities. It is also the easiest way to reach the Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision (Hilversum Media Park station) and the airport (Schipol Airport station). You can buy train tickets at the yellow self-service machines at any station, no need to book in advance. There is a €1 charge per single ticket. For train schedules, visit ns.nl/en.
Trams, buses and metro are all great ways to travel in Amsterdam and other Dutch cities. The most convenient option for visitors is a disposable one-hour card or day card (valid for one to seven days). One-hour tickets can be bought from vending machines on the tram or bus (payment by card only) or from vending machines at metro and train stations. To plan your journey, visit 9292.nl/en.
If you plan to use public transport in the Netherlands more often, a public transport card (OV-chipkaart) might be a more practical and cheaper option. It can be bought from ticket vending machines in most stations. The card costs €7.5. Once charged, you can use the OV-chipkaart for bus, metro, tram or train services. Please note that your OV-chipkaart must have a minimum balance of €20 when travelling by train.
For more information about public transport in the Netherlands, see:
Travelling to the Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision
The easiest way to reach the Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision is by train. The venue is located across the road from Hilversum Media Park train station (30 minutes from Amsterdam Centraal train station and 45 minutes from Amsterdam Schiphol airport).
If you are travelling late at night, please be advised to check the train schedule in advance as there might be limited services available.
If you are travelling by car, it is easiest to reach the Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision via the A1 motorway: coming from Amsterdam, take exit 9 Laren/Hilversum-Noord; coming from Amersfoort you follow the signs Hilversum-Noord and exit 9 Laren/Hilversum-Noord. The parking garage of the Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision can be found at the rear end of the building. The rate is €1.50 per hour (maximum daily rate €9). The garage has two charging stations for electric cars.
Please be advised that depending on your nationality, you might need to obtain a visa to enter the Netherlands. For more information, see here.
We have negotiated special rates for WAC2023 participants in hotels in Hilversum (all within 10-30 minutes walking distance from the Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision, see this map):
- Amrâth Hotel Media Park Hilversum (10 minutes on foot): Kindly book your hotel via this link to receive a special WAC2023 discount.
- Amrâth Hotel Lapershoek (30 minutes on foot): Kindly book your hotel via this link to receive a special WAC2023 discount.
- Gooiland Hotel Hilversum (22 minutes on foot): Kindly book your hotel with this promotional code “10% discount - IIPC” (available from 1st November to 12th May for booking for the dates of 10th, 11th and 12th May)
Please be advised to book as soon as possible as the number of rooms is limited.
Alternatively, you can look for a recommendation in Amsterdam (30 minutes by train from Hilversum). You can find a list of recommended hotels in this map.
Alternatively, you can look for a recommendation in Utrecht (20 minutes by train from Hilversum). You can find a list of recommended hotels in this map.
For more accommodation options, see www.booking.com and AirBnB.
- Mediamusem (opening in February 2023)
- Media Park
- Pinetum Blijdenstein Botanical Garden
- Dudok Architecture Centrum
- Museum Hilversum
More information about visiting Hilversum: www.livehilversum.com/en
- Stedelijk Museum - Modern and contemporary art and design museum
- Van Gogh Museum - Museum dedicated to the Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh
- Rijksmuseum - Dutch national museum dedicated to arts and history in Amsterdam
- Anne Frank House (please be advised to book tickets in advance)
- Eye Film Institute - Archive, museum and cinema that preserves Dutch and foreign films
- Foam - Photography museum
- Tropenmuseum - Ethnographic museum
- Amsterdam Museum
- Canal tours
- City tours
- Attractions and places of interest
If you are planning to travel around Amsterdam and visit a number of museums, you might want to consider buying I amsterdam City Card.
More information about visiting Amsterdam: www.iamsterdam.com/en
- Centraal Museum - Modern art, design, fashion and history museum
- Utrecht Archives - Memory of the city and the province Utrecht
- Impakt - Centre for media culture
- Rietveld Schröder House - Architectural highlight of De Stijl and iconic landmark in Utrecht
- BAK, basis voor actuele kunst - Centre for art, theory, and social action
- Dom Tower
- Attraction and places of interest
Day trips in the Netherlands
- Rotterdam: en.rotterdam.info
- The Hague: denhaag.com/en
HEALTH & SAFETY
Please review the latest COVID-19 guidelines from the Netherlands government here: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19